Whale Watch half-day
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hervey Bay, QLD
Join us for a magical 4hr whale watch cruise aboard the modern and stable M.V. Amaroo - our purpose built whale watching vessel.
Cruises depart daily from mid-July to late October. Morning cruise: 8:30am - 12:30pm. Afternoon cruise: 1:30pm - 5:30pm.
Your cruise includes:
- Courtesy bus from accommodation
- Morning/Afternoon tea served aboard
- Departure lounge located within the Boat Club
- Expert commentary on the whales and features of Fraser Island
- Guaranteed sightings (conditions apply)
Our vessel features:
- Fast, comfortable and stable
- 3 viewing decks
- Hydrophone and underwater camera
- Air conditioned
- Fully licensed
What to bring:
- Sunglasses, hat & sunscreen
The Hervey Bay Boat Club - 8:30am & 1:30pm
Captained and crewed by our experienced team with many years of local whale watch experience you're in for a great day.
Scan the seas for a flash or a splash, signalling the start of your awe-inspiring experience.
Watch the gentle giants of the sea spy-hop, tail slap and breach. Hold your breath while courting adults ‘boat’ around the vessel playing hide and seek as they are attracted to the Amaroos bright colours.
Experience an up close and personal mugging as they move in to watch you, watching them. You won’t miss a minute of the action as they lurch from the waves before your eyes. A 40-tonne migrating humpback whale just metres away from you is breathtaking!
Whale watching from Hervey Bay is second to none, it truly is like no other place. Experience whale watching at its best from the whale watching capitol of world.Booking info: * One free child (under 14) per paying adult.